I just love these two! They're genuinely so much fun to be with, and their love for each other is so obvious in the way they look after each other's needs.
Love Story -
Emma + Josh met seven years ago when they both worked at Woolworths. Josh took Emma on a date to Zapata's Mexican Restaurant to catch up after he left Woolies. Emma had no idea they were even on a date, and she hates Mexican food, so she suggested they head to Elephant Walk next door for dessert (she has a HUGE sweet tooth). Josh thought she was indicating she was keen because of the dark lighting and private booths, so he kissed her whilst they were awaiting their order! Emma was completely shocked, but it worked because she and Josh have been inseparable ever since.
The Proposal -
Emma says 'Whenever someone would ask Josh when he was going to propose he always responded with 'When Em plays her cards right'. We were on holiday in Port Douglas when he eventually proposed. He had been going for a run along the beach each morning and said he wanted to show me a lookout he'd found. So on the way to dinner we went to this lookout over-looking the water, when Josh pulled out a deck of cards that he had stashed behind a rock earlier that morning. Josh requested to play a game of snap, to which I reluctantly agreed because I was starving! So we battled through a game of snap (which I thrashed Josh at) and on the last card, the ace of hearts, he had written 'Will you marry me?' He pulled the ring from his pocket and that was that!'
What are your fondest memories of your wedding day?
- Walking towards Josh for our first look.
- The photographer, Joel, hiding in the tree out the front of our house to take photos.
- Nat from Ten22 sneaking me out whilst everyone was waiting for me to walk down the aisle so I could check out the set up – I was speechless!
- My dad getting tangled in my veil and dress and tripping over me once we reached the end of the aisle.
- Josh’s oopsie in his wedding vows where he declared he likes waking up ‘behind me’ rather than beside me.
- Photos in the middle of South Road at 10pm – it was freezing! Poor Joel copped a bit of abuse… even from his assistant.
- Our Uber driver on the way to the hotel asking us whose birthday party it was we went to… while I’m sitting in the car still in my wedding dress.
What was the best decision you made when planning your wedding day?
The best decision we made was to not DIY anything and to have Emma do all the ‘heavy lifting’! We didn’t have to fuss around with set up or pack up and really were able to enjoy the lead up to the wedding.
Any advice for future Brides and Grooms?
My biggest advice for future brides and grooms is to not waste time attempting to please others - remember who and what the day is about for you as a couple and invest your energy accordingly.
- Style Guide -
Photographer: Joel Roosa | Bride's Gown: Ultimate Bride | Florals: Fleur de Lys Flowers | Groom & Groomsmen's Attire: Joseph Uzumcu | Hair: Sam Frost Hair Stylist, and Makeup: Makeup by Hayley Marie | Rentals & Décor: Festival Hire | Stationery: Tanja Dear Design | Venue: Ten22 Boutique Venue | Styling: Sparrow Weddings & Events